Toshiba designs embrace open network standards to facilitate easy integration in the widest variety of network environments, complying with DICOM and IHE standards to assure standards-based communications protocol between network systems.
Elevating ultrasound to a higher level of performance, Artida is specifically designed to keep images and information flowing by combining Toshiba's proprietary ICA platform with IHE compatibility and award-winning service.
Toshiba has voluntarily implemented the communications of its medical imaging systems with the IHE initiative.
- Uses existing standards to define communications (DICOM, HL7 and web services) compatibility to improve the way computer systems in healthcare share information.
- IHE integration improves patient care by harmonizing healthcare information exchange and provides a common standards-based framework for seamlessly passing health information among care providers.
- IHE enhances the quality of patient care, resulting in safety through the reduction of medical errors, savings through lower implementation costs and more efficient workflow.
- IHE Integration Statements
The Artida comes standard-equipped with seven major DICOM Service Classes to reduce examination time and increase throughput.
- DICOM CD-R and DVD-RAM — Provides long-term storage media for valuable image data. During re-examination, physicians can access stored images for reference.
- DICOM Print — Exports images to DICOM-compliant printers. A virtual film function lets the operator preview the final print and adjusts its composition and presentation for optimal print quality.
- DICOM Storage Commitment, Query/Retrieve – Operators can archive images to a network and retrieve images from past examinations for review and as reference map images.
- DICOM Modality Worklist Management, Performed Procedure Step – Operators and staff can access scheduled exams and transmit exam results directly to hospital information systems.
- DICOM Conformance Statements